Weinstein Co.’s PG-rated Spy Kids: All the Time in the World in 4D was the top family film in the marketplace earning $12 million in its debut. The latest installment of the successful franchise and brainchild of noted R-rated action director Robert Rodriguez and adds the novelty factor of a “fourth” dimension called Aroma-Scope that will enable an interactive scratch and sniff experience for the entire family.
A very tough weekend at the box office and the first “down” weekend in over a month as the “dog days of August” unfortunately took hold of a weak late-summer marketplace. (Hollywood.com)
Domestic Box Office Top 10 (Aug. 19-21)
1. The Help (2,690): $20.5 million
2. Rise of the Planet of the Apes (3,471): $16.3 million
3. *Spy Kids: All the Time in the World in 4D (3,295): $12 million
4. *Conan the Barbarian (3,015): $10 million
5. *Fright Night (3,114): $8.3 million
6. The Smurfs (3,057): $8 million
7. Final Destination 5 (3,115): $7.7 million
8. 30 Minutes or Less (2,888): $6.3 million
9. *One Day (1,721): $5.1 million
10. Crazy, Stupid, Love (1,940): $5 million
If you haven’t seen it yet, make sure to take your sons, daughters, nieces, nephews, cousins, relatives etc to go and see it!